This subclass 117 visa (also known as the Orphan Relative Visa) allows a child to move permanently to Australia with their sponsoring relative. A child may be able to get this visa if they are outside Australia, an orphan (or their parents are unable to take care for them), younger than 18, single, and sponsored by their relative who is an Australian citizen, permanent resident, or eligible New Zealand citizen.

This visa grants the successful applicant the right to travel to and stay in Australia indefinitely, work and study, enrol in Medicare, apply for Australian citizenship when they become eligible and sponsor eligible relative for permanent residence.

The applicant will have to meet certain age, health and character requirements, must be living outside of Australia, and either already be adopted or in the process of being adopted. The parents or sponsor must also meet eligibility requirements regarding their citizenship, and also prove that the applicant is indeed an orphan relative.

Please refer to the immigration official website for visa application charges.

Enquire About the 117 Visa:
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
My husband & I highly recommend ARC! They were very helpful, amazing with communication, and always thoroughly answered all questions & queries.
Ally Scheibe